It’s Objective & Rationale
“मेरी सेहत, मेरी जिम्मेदारी” is all about making people living in not so privileged conditions, aware about their responsibility towards their health. This is one of the leading program of the organization-“SARGAM ZINDAGI KI”, where a complete health camp is organized – FREE DENTAL CHECK UP by dentist, and general health checkup bya general physician.
The objective is as follows:
- The right to overall health general body checkup by certified doctors- dentist and general physician.
- To analyze and make the person informed about any illness or disease.
- General Physical examination of patients and subscribe further course of action if needed after check -up.
- To tell patients about precautions that needs to be taken.
- To give basic hygiene kit to a person so that he can start using it asap.
- To make a person well informed about the responsibility of health through HEALTH CAMP , role play and general discussions.
- To encourage to participate in healthy lifestyle habits like walking, running, exercise etc.
Why it is important?
Inability to cope up with emotional stress and unhealthy living conditions increase the risk of coronary heart diseases, asthma and cancers.
Lifestyle diseases like cardiovascular, diabetes, hypertension, asthma and respiratory as well as cancers are on the rise. India has the highest number of diabetics at 50.8 million according to the World Health Organization, though only 11% of the population has health insurance. This figure is set to increase to 73.5 million by 2025. Twenty-five million suffer from cardiovascular diseases which amount to 60% of the global figure.
Looking at the above data, we need to spread more awareness in people especially in economically weaker section that “health management” is of significant importance.Through this Program, we not only spread awareness about health, we also initiate a process of “Positive” approach towards health.